These days, everyone is looking for a company they can be sure will be there tomorrow. Savage is just such a company. Our History extends across 7 decades and in a time where others are making cuts, we are making hires. Consider joining a team where you can make a career out of it, better yourself and become more than a face in the crowd.
Savage Services Corporation, an established materials management company, is seeking a Petroleum Coke Operator who will be responsible for safely performing the basic tasks required to remove petroleum coke at the Delayed Coker Unit in the Valero Refinery in Norco, Louisiana.
Including but not limited to the following:
- Follow proper safety rules and operating procedures to support zero tolerance safety objectives.
- Load / Unload and move railcars
- Load coke into barges by operating barge haul system and associated bulk material handling equipment
- Operate Rail King, co-ordinate & perform unit rail switching activities
- Operate conveyor, crusher, silo & loading chute
- Operate drum-un-heading equipment with assistance from certified unheader
- Train and Learn to Operate the Coke Cutting Equipment
- Train and Learn to Operate the DCU Bridge Crane
- Complete and maintain required daily paperwork
- Perform general cleanup of entire DCU and Load Out Shed including, but not limited to, keeping the ground clear of spilled coke and washing down equipment.
- Housekeeping duties, including keeping offices, restrooms, break rooms and work rooms clean and tidy
- Assist Maintenance personnel, as needed
- Occasionally work in areas outside of your normal duties, when instructed by Supervision.
- Physically able to handle large tools, climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend ladders, and should not have a fear of heights
- Experience in rail switching and some knowledge of handling systems (Conveyors and Feeders)
- 1 year refinery, plant or industrial experience
- Be able to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Environmental & Safety awareness
- Cooperates and works well with others in either one-on-one or group situations
- Contributes actively to team objectives, takes on responsibilities and is responsible for actions
- Must be able to work a rotating (days/nights)12-hour shift to include weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary (Hands On)
Complete the online application at the Savage Website.